The Presbyterian Church of Radford is looking for a new Director of Christian Education! If you or someone you know is interested in the position, please apply by submitting a resume, at least 3 references, and a cover letter to email@example.com. Candidates will also need to pass a background check. This is an immediate opening starting as soon as the position is filled. The position is 15 hours a week, flexible scheduling but Sunday morning is required. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
The Director of Christian Education, as a part-time employee will work with the Christian Education committee and pastor to organize, support, recruit, and to supply resources for the Presbyterian Church of Radford’s education of the congregation.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in an education related field, or the equivalent experience to perform the duties of the DCE.
- Passion for Christian education
- Experience in Christian leadership
- Must pass a background check
- Good communicator
- Basic technological competency (Word/GoogleDocs, email, etc.)
- Capacity for teamwork with pastors and church leaders
- Train and assist church members for the task of teaching and leading Christian Education.
- Coordinate educational and special church programming, such as the Christmas pageant.
- Recruit, train, and coordinate leaders for Children’s programs, including Sunday School and Children’s Church
- Assist with the hiring, training, and supervision of our nursery worker
- Provide resources for Christian Education programs (curriculum, nursery supplies, etc.)
- Communicate Christian Education programs with the congregation
- Develop meaningful relationships with children, youth, and their families through interactions each Sunday.
- Share in the leadership of worship, including the children’s message
- Attend staff meetings and Christian Education committee meetings
- Coordinate and lead Safe Sanctuary workshop for congregation in tandem with human resource committee.